- Costa Blanca South
- Costa Blanca North
- Costa Calida
Fonts del Algar
The Fonts del Algar or Fonts de L'Algar as it is also known is a series of naturally occurring waterfalls which are only 15km from Benidorm. They have become very popular in recent years and have developed into a tourist magnet or trap – you decide!
Once you have successfully parked, follow the other tourists to either of the two entrances. After paying you can explore the waterfalls and pools at your leisure as they are open from morning until dusk. Walk along beside the river, swim (at your own risk) in the rock pools, dangle your feet in the flowing water, enjoy your picnic or find a quiet spot to sit under the pine trees. You can exit by following the path uphill behind the first aid station, this takes you to the arboretum, picnic area and the Museum of the environment. The museum houses various exhibits about the local flora and fauna as well as a gift shop!
Further up the hill there is a botanical garden with over 500 different species of cactus and succulents. There are also lots of restaurants along the road leading to the waterfalls, many of these have swimming pools for diners to use, so take your pick!
Places of interest & ideas of things to do at Fonts del Algar
- Fonts del Algar: take a walk alongside the river, swim in it or enjoy your picnic beside it, then visit the arboretum and museum of the environment.
- Restaurants: many with swimming pools for diners to use.
- Cactus Garden: botanical garden with over 500 different species of cacti and succulents!
Ideas of places to twin Fonts del Algar with day or night
- Visit two well known tourist attractions in one day! The hilltop fortified village of Guadalest is only a short drive away from the Fonts del Algar waterfalls. A perfect day out, combining history and culture at Guadalest with natural beauty at the waterfalls.
- After a day of splashing around in the river at the Fonts del Algar make the short drive to nearby Benidorm for an afternoon on the beach and a night out at any of the many comedy clubs or live music venues.
- Stop off at nearby village of Polop for your breakfast, then spend the rest of the day at the waterfalls, you can also visit the Catctus Garden which has over 500 different species of cactus and succulents.