- Costa Blanca South
- Costa Blanca North
- Costa Calida
Los Nietos is the largest of the three villages located on the southern shore of the Mar Menor, the other villages being Mar de Cristal and Playa Honda.
It has its very own impressive marina that sits at the end of a very long pier so that the water is deep enough for the boats! The beach is wide and long and is of course, like all good beaches backed by a lovely promenade.
Unusually Los Nietos has a train station. The journey takes about half an hour and is a beautiful one through the Sierra Mineras to Cartagena.
Places of interest & ideas of things to do in Los Nietos
- Beach: long with lovely sand.
- Promenade: beach front and long.
- Marina: at the end of the pier.
- Village Centre: relatively large with an adequate selection of bars, cafes and restaurants as well as a few shops.
- Train Station: narrow-gauge railway line located on the outskirts of the village trains run every half an hour to the station in Cartagena.
Ideas of places to twin Los Nietos with day or night
- Spend a day exploring the villages and towns that line the shores of the Mar Menor to really get to know this beautiful unique landscape, a visit to the viewpoint at Punta Brava gives you a true understanding of the area.
- Have a morning coffee in the village square or at one of the beach front cafes before hopping on the train and travelling into the city of Cartagena. Visit the museums, browse the shops or simply stay on the train and come back again through the stunning scenery of the Sierra Mineras.
- Spend a Saturday morning at the market in the inland town of Torre Pacheco before escaping to the tranquillity of Los Nietos for lunch with stunning vistas out over the calm waters of the Mar Menor.