- Costa Blanca South
- Costa Blanca North
- Costa Calida
San Pedro del Pinatar
San Pedro, as it is more commonly known, is the most northerly of all the towns and villages that sit on the shores of the Mar Menor and is well worth a visit. There are lots of places to discover, such as the marina and the beaches which have a very rural feel. There is the information centre for the Salinas Regional Park with its sand dunes and salt flats making it a very important wetland area for birds. It is easy to spend a whole day here at the park, marina, beach or in the town centre which is especially busy on a Monday as it is market day.
It is a great place to explore by bike as you can park on the road beside the information centre and complete a circular route including the mud baths at Lo Pagan and the Salinas Regional Park.
Places of interest & ideas of things to do in San Pedro del Pinatar
- Information Centre Salinas Regional Park: for interesting facts about the nature reserve including its fauna and flora.
- Salt Marshes & Sand Dunes: take a walk or cycle along anyone of the marked trails that lead through this nature reserve.
- Marina: relax at the cafes overlooking the boats.
- Beach: near the marina, they have a rural feel.
- Town Centre: selection of shops, bars and restaurants centred around the church square.
- Market: large Monday morning.
Ideas of places to twin San Pedro del Pinatar with day or night
- There is plenty to keep you busy for a whole day here, start with a visit to the information centre, then drive to the marina for a coffee relaxing beside the boats, take a walk along the beach or through the sand dunes and salt marshes and finish the day with a well deserved ceverza or vino in the town centre.
- Twin a visit to the market on a Monday morning in San Pedro with a walk along the promenade that runs beside the mud baths at Lo Pagan.
- Combine San Pedro with anyone of the interesting towns and villages on the Mar Menor for a truly relaxing day out.
- Take you bikes and starting in Lo Pagan at the Mud bath, cycle out to sea and follow the salinas walking and cycling route around to San Pedro marina, complete this circular route by returning along the road which runs parallel to the sand dunes.