- Costa Blanca South
- Costa Blanca North
- Costa Calida
Santiago de la Ribera
Santiago de la Ribera is a lovely town that sits on the shores of the Mar Menor. It is the coastal area of the town of San Javier and started life as a simple fishing village. It has now grown into a popular holiday destination, attracting not only the Spanish but also tourists from all over Europe.
Santiago has a modern feel, although it still maintains its ‘fishing village’ atmosphere. It has a very beautiful promenade, which is lined by majestic palm trees and 2 kilometres of wonderful sandy beaches. From here you can take a boat trip out across the calm waters of the Mar Menor, to the La Manga Strip on the opposite side. The main shopping area is really in the town of San Javier, but there are some some shops in the narrow streets to browse, try visiting on a Wednesday morning when there is a large street market.
Places of interest & ideas of things to do in Santiago de la Ribera
- Beach: beautiful fine sandy beaches.
- Promenade: long palm tree lined beach front.
- Town Centre: small and very Spanish with narrow streets.
- Market: large Wednesday morning.
- Boat Trip: B&F Ferry operates all year round across to the La Manga Strip.
Ideas of places to twin Santiago de la Ribera with day or night
- Spend some time at the large Wednesday morning market in Santiago, then take the 40 minute boat ride across the Mar Menor to the La Manga Strip for some lunch in the Tomas Maestre Marina, then head back to Santiago to enjoy an evening stroll along the promenade.
- Combine a trip to Santiago with a stop at some of the other towns and villages that line the shores of the Mar Menor. Punta Brava is an excellent choice as it has a great viewpoint from where you get amazing vistas across the lagoon towards the La Manga Strip and to the mountains of the Sierra Mineras behind.
- Santiago makes a good stop during any sort of flight delay at Murcia San Javier Airport as it is just 10 minutes drive away!